Video contents are now being incorporated on websites as these are proven engaging. It is a fact that majority of potential clients would rather watch a video than read a content (sorry, writers, your contents are important but we cannot deny the fact how videos are more compelling), not just because of its catchy graphics but because of the concise information and the visual explanation that makes it more understandable. However, a video must be optimised, just like what is being done to contents, so as to acquire organic traffic from search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Proper Video Optimisation for Better Traffic
Identify your Targeted Keyword
You have to choose the right keyword that basically describes what your video is all about. You can seek help from Google Keyword Planner to get an idea what’s being searched often by your potential client. Through Google’s Keyword Planner, you can specify your scope, such as your targeted location, thus, a more concise result will be provided to you to keep you on the right track.
Google Keyword Planner will provide a long list of keywords that you can use. If you own a brewing website, it is best to choose keywords that have low competition with high average monthly searches. In that way, you will have a higher chance of penetrating it.
Know where to Place your Keywords
There are several areas where you must incorporate your keywords such as:
- File name – rather than using the provided timestamp by your device, it is advisable to change the filename by using your chosen keywords. Do not use “_” in between, in case you are using a long-tail keyword, because Google spiders do not comprehend the underscore signs. Say for example your filename is “business_outsourcing,” when spiders crawl on your website, they will read it as “business underscore outsourcing.” The right method of saving a filename is by using “-“ or dash so that spiders will read it as “business outsourcing.”
- Name – this depends on your platform. Some platforms provide an area where you can place your video name. Make sure that you add your keyword on this area for better optimisation. But then, you have to make it catchy enough as this will convince your visitor whether it is worthy to be watched, or not.
- Description – to provide ample information about your video, description must be written efficiently. Again, your keyword must be placed preferably on the first sentence to signal the search engines what your video is all about. A compelling description will also help you acquire viewers.
- Link – if your platform allows you to change your link where your video is posted, make sure that you also add your keyword on it so as to signal the search engine spiders what the video is all about.
Submit a Video Sitemap
Do not forget to submit a video sitemap to your targeted search engines. This will help them find your video quicker. As an example, you can take advantage of Google Webmaster Tools to make your video sitemap. Add your keywords on the anchor text where the video may be found on your website.
Add an embedding option
This will allow other users to share your contents on their social media accounts and websites. You will not just widen your scope; you can also acquire backlinks that lead you to gaining your targeted authority.
Share on Social Media Sites
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram – these are just among the widely visited social media sites these days. Imagine how millions of people visit their accounts on a daily basis. If you have a compelling video, you are guaranteed to reach thousands, if not millions, of potential clients through these powerful platforms.
Benefits of a Well Optimized Video Content
A properly optimised video will provide you a huge chunk of benefits. If you have no idea what these are, we have compiled all these to help you have a better view.
- You can acquire organic traffic from potential clients who make use of the search engines to find what they are looking for.
- Additional source of backlinks once people embed your videos to their social media sites or websites.
- You can improve your website’s authority especially if you receive enormous amount of traffic on a daily basis.
- Increased ranking on the SERP through social signal status and inbound links.
Remember, search engines value quality, so you have to be very careful in the execution of these video optimisation methods. Never engage on fake views and spammy methods. These may work for quite some time, but you will later on be penalised.
Follow all these video optimisation steps in order for you to enjoy the benefits these could impose on your website.